Saturday, January 3, 2009

Contest Poem

i dont believe in evolution and yet
i find my self looking into the eyes of this
creature and seeing...a former self.
I shake my head in disbelief.
If God exists and I formed from his image
how can i feel as if i'm looking into
my past.
We play mirror as her fingertips
explore my tiny hand like a mother would
her firstborn.
If I was not she then why does this
feel so comfortable? Why let me in
as though i am the prodical daughter?
Was moses lying when he penned the
origins of man or was there data
omitted?
in the writtings it says to have dominion
over the creatures of the earth
but how can you control your
heritage?
this expeditions goal was not one
of self service but i've stumbled upon it.
I came to discover more about her
only to find myself.

No comments: