Monday, January 5, 2009

Hate that I cant Hate You. [06]

I kiss you with resentment lingering on my lips
Yesterday I shredded your pictures in vain.
I know I’ll still love you
I pray you’ll fuck up and do something stupid so I can hate you in honesty
Like clock hands you pass the time and commit crimes blatantly obvious
But even still, your indescrepencies act like water on this Greek fire that festers in my soul.
I use your name and hate interchangeably as if they were synonyms
I try to think this hatred into forition but it’s just a waste of oxygen
I’m frenetic; searching for an antidote for this blissful venom
I forge anger whenever we speak inwardly seeking and end
I know heartbreak will follow you but I can’t seem to pull my heart away
Like a Holiday there’s no need; don’t explain
My head is against this but my heart
Just won’t seem to listen
Love songs on the radio induce nausea
What I loathe about you is the same thing that intrigues me
I cry at night wishing I didn’t care about you.
Other infatuations do nothing to sway my heart.
I focus on wanting him and not you desperately in quest of an escape from your clutches
Why is it that I can’t hate you?
I can’t bring myself to despise you and erase you
I can’t stand not being able to stand you
I hate that I can’t hate you
I hate that I love you.

No comments: